Our client is an international information technology and solutions consulting company. The company is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the United States through the delivery of innovative, next-generation IT solutions. They are currently seeking a remote SQL Database Administrator to join their dedicated team.
Responsibilities of the SQL Database Administrator:
- Ensure database servers are backup up in alignment with business protocol
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- Determine the most effective way to increase performance when issues arise
- Create and maintain documentation related to the database environment
- Track and resolve database related issues
Requirements of the SQL Database Administrator:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in SQL Server operations.
- Experience with SQL Server Cluster.
- Experience with SQL Server AlwaysOn 2016
- Ability to install, configure, and manage SQL in a virtual environment
- Excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools/applications
- Experience using Windows PowerShell to automate tasks
- Understanding of database performance tuning and optimization
- Some knowledge of Oracle database administration
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others.
Please forward your resume for consideration.