We are looking for the right Senior UX Designer to join the Tonic3 team. In this role, you will work directly with our UX Directors on a wide range of projects for multiple clients, and be tasked with innovating and improving digital user experiences not only for mobile and web, but also for VR / AR and stand-alone applications.
The ideal candidate will be able to do the following:
- Translate user research and business requirements into effective and innovative clickable prototypes.
- Rapidly conceptualize optimal user experiences through direct collaboration with colleagues on the User Research, UX Design, and Development teams, as well as Tonic3 clients and business owners.
- Create elegant, creative visual designs using new approaches to present information; you will be required to produce multiple design/interaction interpretations.
- Be comfortable objectively presenting your work during peer reviews, providing sound research and/or citing best practices to explain your architecture, design, and interaction decisions.
- Be comfortable incorporating feedback from user testing into your designs.
- Prepare documentation which communicates all information necessary to accurately code and support your designs/interactions. This could range from the creation of traditional wireframes and functional specifications to creating style frameworks to preparing documented prototypes.
- Be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. Have the ability to self-organize, meet project objectives, and maintain schedules in a very fast-paced and changing environment.
- Be highly professional and comfortable in unsupervised, client-facing situations.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of UX/UI design experience. Ideally, you will have worked in an interactive design role or similar capacity in a creative shop with increasing responsibility over the years.
- Experience creating fully responsive rapid prototypes using tools such as Adobe XD, InVision, *****, or others.
- Bonus points for any and all of the following: Designing for VR / AR, Knowledge of frameworks such as Bootstrap; Customization of Wordpress templates; Experience developing new brands and related online style guides; An app in the App Store.
- This role is dedicated to our Dallas office so US working hours, holidays, and great English are expected.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong portfolio of design work, be technologically savvy, and interested in working at the forefront of digital design. This person will have a passion for design, a willingness to try and quickly master new tools, and an eagerness to mentor and elevate other team members.